Welcome to Season 2 of Ditch The Hustle, and welcome to a new year and a new decade! Thank you very much for being here with us.
In this episode, Naomi, Nicola and Amanda share a little about having a gentle New Year: what they’ve been up to during the break and the rituals they’ve been using to support them all in doing business gently.
Mandy and Nai share how they both ended up working more than they planned over the break, because they found the time out from ‘business as usual’ gave them space to be inspired and dig into some projects and plans that otherwise get put off. Nic shares how she spent much of the break engaging with and feeling heartbroken about the bushfire crisis in Australia, and the daily practices that helped restore her during time of such bad news.
All three mention some resources that they’ve been inspired by or finding useful and helpful during the holiday season and beyond, including for daily gratitude practices, content planning and business reflection and leadership for the new year. They discuss some of the struggles they’ve experienced over the holiday period and how they support themselves and each other through those as well.
Nai also tells us her words for the year, and Nic and Mandy explain the rituals they do in the new year. All agree on the power of and importance of community and connection, and how much they enjoyed connecting with Gentle Business Masterminders in the new year too.
WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- How we each spent the holiday period and how that was different to what we expected or originally planned
- What resources and people inspired us over the holidays and in the New Year
- The challenges and heartache we experienced during this time whilst processing world events and tragedies, the political climate, and the challenges and expectations that can come with the holiday season
- Some rituals and practices we undertook over the holiday season
- Our process for reviewing the past year and visioning for the New Year (plus Mandy’s fabulous slideshow she created for her team around this)
- Having ‘theme words’ or not having ‘theme words’ for the year
- The joy of spending time in person with special folks including Gentle Business Mastermind members Natasha Gray and Ellen Ronalds Keene
- The importance of community and connection (of which we flagged we’ll be speaking more to in a future episode).
RESOURCES + LINKS REFERENCED:
- Presently app
- The Guardian app
- Amy Walsh
- Rachel Rodgers
- Leonie Dawson’s book
- Emergent Strategy by Adrienne Maree Brown book
- Natasha Gray website
- Ellen Ronalds Keene website
Learn more about ditching the hustle and doing business gently…
If this conversation stirred up a desire in you to explore what doing business gently might mean to you, you can get direct support, guidance and tools in the Gentle Business Mastermind.
It’s an experience that support new entrepreneurs and existing business owners to grow their businesses gently, sustainably and consciously. Along the way you’ll meet an incredible community of guest mentors and other gentle business masterminds from around the globe who you can get support from and offers support in return, while you explore growing your own business in alignment with your heart, vision, values and energy.
Registration for the gentle business mastermind is open in Feb-March 2020. You can find out more about it at gentlebusinessmastermind.com where you can also download the free ‘Grow your Business the Gentle Way’ ebook. It’s full of inspiring tips and prompts to help you do business gently in your own way.
We Would Love To Know
After listening to this episode, we would love to know what was your biggest ah hah moment or takeaway from listening to the episode? Pop you’re response in the comments below – or share them on social media by tagging us @amandarootsey @naomilarnold @nicolanewman_ with the hashtag #DitchTheHustlePodcast.
Let’s keep this important conversation going and learn from one another as we do! Here’s to choosing your own adventure and ditching the hustle together.