Nicola, Naomi and Amanda all share what a gentle work week looks and feels like for them. This is a juicy conversation about rhythms and cycles, tips and tools, and paying attention to what’s working (and what’s not!) over time.
All three share practical examples of how gentle working weeks have shifted over time, plus Naomi shares how motherhood and having a 9 to 5 government job has presented opportunities and challenges for working gently. Mandy, Nai and Nic discuss their relationships with working weekends and some of the specific systems, operations and tools they use to make life and business gentler.
WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Free tools we love to support organisation in a gentle work week
- How to tune into cycles to work differently at different times of the month
- Dealing with resistance and having trust in yourself
- Navigating and adapting the way you work through different stages of life (e.g. as children grow older)
- Using personal rituals to ground in each day and each week
- Reflecting on working 9-5 in a corporate role and ways to implement gentle rituals when working in this way
- Allowing the ways you work to shift and evolve
- Creating a gentle business culture at work
- Different ways to outsource things and find support during different seasons of your business
- Being intentional and remembering that not everything has to be done right now
- Working weekends vs taking them off
- Systems we have in place to make social media feel fun, organised and intentional.
RESOURCES + LINKS REFERENCED:
- Google Calendar
- Google Docs
- Cassie Mendoza-Jones was mentioned
- Komal Minhas was mentioned as someone who intentionally chose projects in a particular order, rather than all at once.
- Social media scheduling tools we mentioned: Smarter Queue + Later
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Die Empty by Tod Henry
Learn more about ditching the hustle and doing business gently…
If this conversation stirred up a desire in you to explore what doing business gently might mean to you, you can get direct support, guidance and tools in the Gentle Business Mastermind.
It’s an experience that support new entrepreneurs and existing business owners to grow their businesses gently, sustainably and consciously. Along the way you’ll meet an incredible community of guest mentors and other gentle business masterminds from around the globe who you can get support from and offers support in return, while you explore growing your own business in alignment with your heart, vision, values and energy.
Registration for the gentle business mastermind is open in Feb-March 2020. You can find out more about it at gentlebusinessmastermind.com where you can also download the free ‘Grow your Business the Gentle Way’ ebook. It’s full of inspiring tips and prompts to help you do business gently in your own way.
We Would Love To Know
After listening to this episode, we would love to know what was your biggest ah hah moment or takeaway from listening to the episode? And as we mentioned at the end of the episode, what does a gentle business work week look like for you? Pop you’re response in the comments below – or share them on social media by tagging us @amandarootsey @naomilarnold @nicolanewman_ with the hashtag #DitchTheHustlePodcast.
Let’s keep this important conversation going and learn from one another as we do! Here’s to choosing your own adventure and ditching the hustle together.