We are friends and business owners who each live in different parts of Australia.
Nicola lives and works from a sailing boat with her husband Andrew and dog Lacey-Jane. She is a professional artist, writer, painting teacher and retreat host. They base themselves wherever the wind takes them that day, but often on the waters of NSW.
Naomi and her husband Dusty live in an old blue beach house in a small coastal town in Queensland, working from home with their 4-year old son Daniel, dog Maxie and cat Mica. She is a business + life coach, podcast host and student in a Master of Human Rights.
Amanda lives and works in her Brisbane apartment with her partner Davey and their fur baby Trudi. She’s the author of Shine from Within (Hay House) and founder of a teen personal development academy (also called Shine from Within) where she coaches teens and supports adults who want to create workshops for teens in their own communities.
What do we each have in common?
Well, lots of things. But of most relevant to this post – we all did Marie Forleo’s B-School program. In fact, we probably have Marie to thank for having met each other in the first place!
If you haven’t heard of B-School, it is an online business school for modern entrepreneurs. The 8-week online training program teaches you how to use your uniqueness to create or grow an online business and establish a well-marketed, profitable and impactful brand.
The three of us were each at different points in our business journeys when we signed up to B-School. Mandy had previously completed a Bachelor of Business Management and had already been running her business for a short while but was not experiencing the traction she desired. Nicola had been working as a professional artist and was experiencing chronic fatigue, so was looking for a way to bring in an extra income that would not over-extend her. Naomi was working for the Australian Government, was pregnant, and hoped to start an online business while on maternity leave, but did not know what that business would be yet.
Fast forward to now…
We are not only collaborating as the hosts of our annual Gentle Business Mastermind, but have also each built successful, values-based businesses of our own.
We’ve seen each other get books deals, win multiple awards, have our offerings booked out months in advance, build 6-figure businesses, be featured in the media, and receive the most wonderful feedback from our clients. We’ve done this our own way – while selling up and creating a life on the sea, while recovering from cancer, while working from home as a mama, and through the good and not-so-good times that come with this thing called life. We are proud to now have successful businesses, that were built in a gentle, sustainable and profitable way.
We each look back on B-School with fondness and gratefulness for the role it played in us getting where we are today. It helped us:
- gain clarity and direction on how to build our businesses;
- get out of our heads and take action;
- learn the tools needed to build a sustainable, profitable and impactful business that aligns with our passions and strengths;
- learn how to connect with people we most wanted to serve;
- learn more about ourselves, our capabilities and the possibilities that are open to us; and
- connect with like-minded, supportive people – many of which have since become dear friends (like each other!).
Amanda even says that B-School taught her more than what she learned in her three year business degree!
If you are interested in joining B-School in 2019, we would love to support you. When the cart opens for enrolments we will update this page to outline our B-School Bonus for those who sign up through our affiliate link. (Shhh… this bonus will include access to our Gentle Business Mastermind. You can read more about the mastermind here.)
In the lead up to the 2019 B-School launch, you can watch Marie’s free video series which offers clear guidance and action steps to help you get started.
You will learn:
- why big hearted, compassionate, creative people are wired to succeed in online business;
- the six pillars to starting or growing a successful online business;
- the thirteen keys to succeeding online;
- some of the strategies that Marie’s company have used to make a positive impact and generate millions in revenue;
- Marie’s response to some of the big questions and concerns that people have about starting and growing online businesses;
- about the core foundations of B-School (e.g., how to prioritise the right things, how to take strategic action, how to build trust with your audience and how to grow a profitable impactful business);
- and from people who are using what they learned in B-School to achieve incredible results.
And in the meantime, please sign up to the mailing list below if you’d like to make sure you are notified when we update this post to include our exciting B-School Bonus offer. We can’t wait to share it with you!
If you have any questions about B-School or our offer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We know that B-School is a big investment and we are here to provide you with any information that will help you make a decision either way. We also appreciate that B-School (and our upcoming bonus package) is not for everyone – so we will be honest in telling you if we personally think they aren’t for you.
Amanda, Nicola + Naomi
As B-School affiliates, if you do choose to enrol in the program using the links on this page, we may receive a commission. We would never recommend anything that we hadn’t tried and loved ourselves. Plus, this commission enables us to offer you some amazing bonuses – stay tuned for more on that soon.